The fruit of Baptism or baptismal grace is a rich reality that includes: the forgiveness of original sin and all personal sins; The birth into the new life, whereby man is made the adopted son of the Father, a member of Christ and temple of the Holy Spirit.
By the very act of baptism, the baptized is incorporated into the Church, Body of Christ, and made a partaker of the priesthood of Christ.
To celebrate the sacrament of Baptism of a child the following is required:
- Baptisms are on Saturdays at 11 am
- Only children under 7 years of age can be baptized in this way (if the child is 7 years of age or older, he / she should be registered for Catechism).
- Register early to set aside date
- Apply at the office to fill out the registration form
- Present the birth certificate of the child to be baptized (the certificate of baptism will be made according to the birth certificate)
- Donation of $ 50.00
- Godparents: If the godparents are a marriage they must be married by the Catholic Church
- If they are single, they must be living with the teachings of the Church. (Be baptized, have First Communion, and Confirmation.) They can not cohabit as a couple with another person or be married to the civilian.
- Only Roman Catholics can be godparents in a Catholic baptism.
- Be over 16 years of age.
- Parents and Godparents must take a pre-baptismal class before the baptism
- The talk will be on the Wednesday before the Baptism date from 6:30 pm to 9:00 pm
- If the godparents can not attend the class at the Shrine, they can register and attend the class in the parish where they live (bring the proof of the class two weeks before the baptism)