Formation of a Christian Woman
The Priest who will be working with you is your Pastor and we ask you to accept it as such. His task is to prepare the young woman gracefully so that this celebration is really a meeting between the young woman and Jesus Christ. The Priest is a spiritual director where, under the secret of Confession, he guides the soul of the young woman in the ways of the Lord.
To ensure that the young woman, as well as the family have a spirit and attitude of appreciation at the time of the Eucharistic Celebration, the following is required from the young woman:
- Attend and Participate in Holy Mass weekly
- Participate in the Sacrament of Reconciliation (Confession) frequently.
- Has received the Sacrament of Confirmation or be in preparation to receive the Sacrament.
Requirements to Celebrate the Cotillion
Like every Ecclesial celebration, order and consciousness are required to what is being celebrated. To prepare the celebration of a cotillion it is important to fulfill the following parish requirements.
We ask for the following:
- The young woman must be 15 or 16 years old
- Copy of Baptismal Certificate
- Copy of Confirmation Certificate (If the young woman has not received the Sacrament of Confirmation, it is required that she is currently written in a Catechetical program in preparation for receiving this indispensable sacrament)
- The young woman must already have made her First Communion ( We can NOT celebrate a Mass if the young woman has not made her First Communion)
- The date must be book personally at least six month in advance.
- The Shrine requires a fee of $500.00 to register. This is paid in full at the time of booking the date. Note: the date is not in the calendar until the fee is paid in full.
- Take a formation class (This class will be given depending on the date of the celebration)
It is important to stress the importance of meeting these requirements prior to the celebration.