The fruit of Baptism or baptismal grace is a rich reality that includes: the forgiveness of original sin and all personal sins; The birth into the new life, whereby man is made the adopted son of the Father, a member of Christ and temple of the Holy Spirit.
By the very act of baptism, the baptized is incorporated into the Church, Body of Christ, and made a partaker of the priesthood of Christ.
To celebrate the sacrament of Baptism a child is required to:
- The baptisms are on Saturdays at 11 am
- Only children under 7 years of age can be baptized in this way (if the child is 7 years of age or older, he / she should be registered for the catechism).
- Register early to set aside date
- Apply at the office to fill out the registration
- Present the birth certificate of the child to be baptized (the certificate of baptism will be made according to the birth certificate)
- Donation of $ 50.00
- Godparents: If the godparents are a marriage they must be married by the Catholic Church
- If they are single, they must be living with the teachings of the Church. (Be baptized, have First Communion, and Confirmation.) They can not cohabit as a couple with another person or be married to the civilian.
- Only Roman Catholics can be godparents in a Catholic baptism.
- Be over 16 years of age.
- Parents and Godparents must take a pre-baptism before baptism
- The talk will be on the Wednesday before the Baptism date from 6:30 pm to 9:00 pm
- If the godparents can not attend the Sanctuary, they can register and attend the class in the parish where they live (bring the receipt two weeks before the baptism)