Requirements to Celebrate the Cotillion
Like every Ecclesial celebration, it should be celebrated with full, active, and conscious participation of all during the Mass. In order to prepare for the celebration of a Cotillion (Quinceaños) Mass, it is important to fulfill the following parish requirements:
We ask for the following:
- The young woman must have reached her 15th or 16th birthday.
- Copy of Baptismal Certificate
- Copy of Confirmation Certificate (If the young woman has not received the Sacrament of Confirmation, it is required that she be currently enrolled in a parish catechetical program in preparation for her receiving the Sacrament.)
- Certificate of First Holy Communion (Please Note: We can NOT celebrate a Mass if the young woman has not made her First Holy Communion)
- The date should be booked at least three to four months in advance of the desired date.
- The Shrine requires an offering of $500.00 for the celebration to be held at the Marian Chapel and a $600.00 offering for the St. Joseph Chapel. This is to be paid in full at the time of booking the date.
- Take a formation class (This class will be given depending on the date of the celebration)
It is important to stress the importance of meeting these requirements prior to the celebration.
For more information on how to arrange for this beautiful tradition for your family, please contact our Office Manager, Ms. Cenia Jaimes, at email@example.com or just call us at 847-294-1806